I was looking for a way to use up some Kraft caramels that I had left over from my son’s class holiday party and I found this easy recipe. By the way, I am talking about the chewy caramels – not hard candy! I used my own brownie recipe – but I suppose you could use a *gasp* box mix if you wanted to :)
1) Line your 8×8 brownie pan with parchment paper (so the paper comes out over the sides).
2) Use whatever brownie recipe you like, pour the batter right into the lined pan and bake accordingly.
3) When the brownies are almost finished baking, start melting about half a bag of the caramels in the microwave (approximately 2 1/2 minutes), add 2 tbsp of milk and then stir until it has a nice creamy consistency.
4) After taking the brownies out of your oven, spread the caramel mixture right on top and then sprinkle on whatever extra little treats you want. I chose chocolate chips – but you could do nuts, chocolate chunks, coconut, a combination of these things, etc.
5) Let the brownies completely cool and then just use the overhanging parchment paper to lift the brownies right out of you pan, cut into squares and ENJOY!
They were easy, super yummy and let me tell you, these suckers went fast!